Roy J. Carver Scholarship Information Announced
Roy J. Carver Scholarship
Iowa State University
The Roy J. Carver Scholarship Program is funded by the Carver Charitable Trust in memory of Roy J. Carver, who achieved success through his own initiative and hard work. Scholarships are available to students with great potential and promise, who work hard to make ends meet, or are faced with debilitating circumstances in their lives.
Twenty Roy J. Carver Scholarships are available to ISU students or transfer students who will start their junior year fall semester of the award year. Awards average $5,200 each and will be considered for renewal for the senior year based on maintenance of a cumulative GPA of 2.80 and continued financial need.
To be eligible for the Roy J. Carver scholarship, a student must meet the following criteria:
- U.S. Citizen
- Graduate of an accredited Iowa high school or have been a resident of the state of Iowa for at least 5 consecutive years immediately prior to application
- Junior classification fall semester of the award
- Full-time enrollment (12 credits or more)
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.80
- Demonstrate financial need on basis of a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) filed prior to March 1
- Evidence of unusual social and/or other barriers to attending college full time
Apply online at:
click on Scholarships and on-line application)
You will submit the application, an essay and two references through this on-line process.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: APRIL 1
Contact information for the Scholarship Office:
Office of Student Financial Aid
Scholarship office 0210 Beardshear Hall
In Person: 0410 Beardshear Hall
By Phone: (515) 294-0065
By e-mail: email@example.com