End of Fall 2019 Closing and Move-Out
Please read this information before making Winter Break plans. Questions? Please email us.
Spring 2020 Assignment Changes
If you want to move to a new on-campus space, please review the Spring Preferencing information.
Winter Break Closing Dates
The chart below details when you must vacate your assignment for Winter Break.
If you think you could be academically dismissed, you should consider checking out by December 21 as you will accrue spring housing / dining fees until you check-out.
Dec. 22 - Jan. 8 check outs are done by appointment only. Call the CA on duty for assistance.
Wallace, & Wilson halls
and Union Drive halls
and SUV Apts.
Checking Out at the End of Fall
If you will not live on-campus for spring 2020, you must:
- Cancel your contract in AccessPlus.
- Check out according to the above schedule and follow proper check-out procedures for your area.
Failure to follow these instructions can result in additional charges for room, board, and improper check-out.
Cancellation Process and Penalties
The contract you signed is for the full academic year – both fall 2019 AND spring 2020. If you cancel the spring half of your contract you may be charged a cancellation fee equal to 50% of your spring housing charges and 80% of your spring dining charges, plus loss of your $125 prepayment (if paid). Whether or not you will be charged is based on the following:
- If you WILL NOT TAKE CLASSES at ISU for spring 2020, you WILL NOT BE CHARGED the cancellation fee. Following your check-out, if you enroll for spring 2020, you must return to housing or be charged the 50% penalty.
- If you WILL BE ENROLLED IN CLASSES at ISU for spring 2020, you WILL BE CHARGED the cancellation fee.
- If you are moving into a Greek chapter house contact Greek Affairs for specifics on your fee amount.
For more information, please review our cancellation web page.