Spring Break Information
All of our halls and apartments are open during break. Exterior doors are locked 24/7 beginning Friday, March 15, at 7 p.m. They will unlock at 7 a.m. on Monday, March 25.
Geoffroy, MWL, UDCC, Wallace-Wilson and Cornerstone hall desks are open during break to serve you and will operate from 3 to 5 p.m. daily.
If you plan to leave for break, please make sure you follow the procedures sent to you by our staff. Make sure your heat is on and set to the proper settings (see below). Take out your trash, move items at least two feet away from your heater and lock your door.
Heat Settings for Each Building (Not leaving your heat on could result in broken water pipes and flooding)
- Friley - Set convector thermostat on a medium setting and fan switch ON. Steam radiators should be set on a medium setting of 2 to 3.
- Eaton, Martin, Buchanan - Set wall thermostat to 70
- Helser, Wallace, Wilson - Lever on baseboard heating unit should be open and unobstructed for heat.
- Maple - Set wall thermostat to medium heat setting and fan switch ON
- Willow and Larch - Set the LED fan button to low, then set the up down arrow buttons to show 70 degrees.
- Linden, BWR, BLF and Oak-Elm - Set thermostat knob on the radiator to a medium setting of 2 or 3.
- Oak-Elm New Hall - Lever should be open for heat.
- Geoffroy - Set wall thermostat to medium heat setting of 70 degrees and fan switch ON.
- Apartments - Ensure heat is on and above 65 degrees.
Staff may enter your room during break for room checks, routine maintenance (changing filters, etc) and/or to complete work orders.
If you have any questions about break, talk with your CA or Hall Director/Apartment Community Manager.