Winter Break Information
Wallace, Wilson, Geoffroy, Buchanan, SUV, Frederiksen and Legacy remain open during Winter break. Exterior doors will be locked 24/7 during break.
All other residence halls are closed for Winter break. You will not be able to stay in or access these buildings during break. Buildings close at noon on Saturday, Dec. 15 (6 p.m. for graduating seniors). Buildings will re-open at 9 a.m. on Thursday, Jan. 10, 2019.
Pay attention to the email sent to you by your Hall Director/Apartment Community Manager and follow all break procedures.
When you leave, make sure your heat is on and set to the proper settings. Take out your trash, move items at least two feet away from your heater and lock your door. And, if you live in an area that's closed for break, remember to take what you'll need with you!
Heat Settings for Each Building (Not leaving your heat on could result in broken water pipes and flooding)
- Friley - Set convector thermostat on a medium setting and fan switch ON. Steam radiators should be set on a medium setting of 2 to 3.
- Eaton, Martin, Buchanan - Set wall thermostat to 70
- Helser, Wallace, Wilson - Lever on baseboard heating unit should be open and unobstructed for heat.
- Maple - Set wall thermostat to medium heat setting and fan switch ON
- Willow and Larch - Set the LED fan button to low, then set the up down arrow buttons to show 70 degrees.
- Linden, BWR, BLF and Oak-Elm - Set thermostat knob on the radiator to a medium setting of 2 or 3.
- Oak-Elm New Hall - Lever should be open for heat.
- Geoffroy - Set wall thermostat to medium heat setting of 70 degrees and fan switch ON.
- Apartments - Ensure heat is on and above 65 degrees.
Staff may enter your room during break for room checks, routine maintenance (changing filters, etc) and/or to complete work orders.
If you have any questions about break, talk with your CA or Hall Director/Apartment Community Manager.