Laundry rooms are located in all residence hall and apartment communities. You will need to bring your own laundry supplies (detergent, baskets, etc). Instructions on how to use the machines are posted in the laundry rooms.
Cost: $.75 to wash and $.75 to dry in all residence hall laundry rooms and in the SUV laundry building. There are machines in each Frederiksen Court apartment that do not requre payment.
Payment: There are two ways to pay for laundry - CyCash or the Speed Queen app. Use the payment method that works best for you.
- Cy Cash - Load Cy Cash on to your university account using AccessPlus. Then, swipe your card in the laundry room to activate the machines. You MUST HAVE Cy Cash in your account for this payment type to work. The readers WILL NOT connect to your bank account even if your ISUCard is connected. The readers ONLY use CyCash. There is a $5 minimum when adding CyCash to your account.
- Speed Queen - You can download the Speed Queen app on the Google Play or Apple Store. With the app, you can view available machines, know when your laundry is done and pay! You load money in to the app using a credit or debit card and you're good to go! Money loaded in the app is not refundable. There is a $10 minimum when you add money to the account. Our school code is IOWAST.
- Use high-efficiency detergent (HE)
- If you're using pods, they go in the wash drum with the clothes - not in the detergent tray
- Do not overload the machines - it slows wash and dry time
- Use the Speed Queen app to check for available machines before you go to the laundry room and to track your laundry so you can remove it when it's done.