Meet the Staff
J. Buffalo Burns
My Hometown: Norman, Oklahoma
Why did I choose ISU: I chose ISU because of the great people! From the staff to the students, I felt that ISU was an amazing place to serve students. I wanted to work at a Big 12 institution and Iowa State had always interested me. Each phase of my interview process had questions over assisting students of diverse populations and I greatly value a department that is inclusive. I saw there are many different opportunities for growth at ISU and I couldn't pass on a new experience.
What I like best about working at at ISU: I think I'll enjoy the working with students and guest who come to ISU. I love listening to people's stories and I hope we can learn from each other. Whether it is answering a simple question or advising a student group, I always love serving others. I believe that through shared experiences, we understand each other a little better and make the world a little better!
- MA in Educational Leadership - Higher Education, Montclair State University
- BS in Education, Oklahoma State University
- Assistant Community Director, Montclair State University
- ACUHO-i Intern, Jardine Apartment. Kansas State University
- Leadership Program Coordinator and Assistant Residence Director, Oklahoma State University
- NASPA Member
- ACUHO-I Member