Apply to Be a Community Adviser!
Applications for the 2020-21 school year are now open!
You can view the Community Adviser (CA) job description by clicking on the link to the left. More information coming about application requirements and the hiring timeline.
CAs have extremely important jobs and are critical to the DOR mission. Each house, building, and/or area has one live-in CA who provides leadership to the development of programs and activities, serves as a resource to residents, and enforces policies and procedures to ensure the safety of residents.
CAs come from diverse backgrounds with a wide variety of skills and talents. However, there are some qualities that we look for in CAs we work with:
- Ability to problem solve
- Strong commitment to academics
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Willingness to learn from, with. and about others
- Commitment to create and participate in an inclusive community
We will be hosting CA open houses this year for you to check out and ask any questions you might have:
- Tuesday, October 29 at 7pm in the Geoffroy Activity Room
- Wednesday, December 4 at 7pm in Martin 2121
- Webinar on November 18 at noon- 1 pm. Go here: https://iastate.webex.com/iastate/j.php?MTID=mfdf228df3c4a661087391798c6780cb3 This will be made available after the webinar for people to view if you are unable to make it or want to come back.
NOTE: The open houses or webinar are optional and are NOT required to be viable as a CA candidate. We had some misprints on our posters.
Link to CA application below:
Thank you for your interest and good luck! Applications are due by December 9th at 11:59 PM.
Iowa State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, sex, marital status, disability, or status as a U.S. veteran. Inquiries can be directed to the Office of Equal Opportunity, 3350 Beardshear Hall, (515) 294-7612.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.