Places to Live
Over 12,000 ISU students choose to make on-campus housing their "Cyclone" home. Why should you live on campus?
- Location, location, location - Be close to classes, food and fun.
- Friends - Someone's always around to study, chat or just hang out with.
- Convenience - time and stress: no monthly bills (except SUV), utilities included, restaurant quality dining with no prep or clean-up.
- Support - Rough class? We'll help you get the support you need.
- Leadership - Build your resume! Involvement opportunities are endless.
More than just a room!
Your room is part of a house with an immediately available network of ISU students. It's easy to find somebody who's looking to get dinner, form an intramural team, watch a movie, go to a Cyclone football game, catch a show in the M-Shop, or help you study for that chem test.
You will also have a Community Advisor (CA) living on your floor who is there to help answer questions, plan activities and create a welcoming community. You will also have a Hall Director, a live-in, full-time, professional staff member who is there to create an environment that contributes to your academic and personal success.
Plus, you're living on-campus so you're connected to what's happening on-campus and you're close to class, campus events, Campustown and your friends!
Eligibility for Housing
To live in on-campus housing, you must be in good financial standing with ISU and must meet one of the following criteria:
- You must be enrolled as a student at ISU; or
- You must be enrolled in the Admissions Partnership Program .
Newly admitted freshmen who are 18 years old or younger may live in any residence hall in the Richardson Court or Union Drive neighborhoods as well as Buchanan, Wallace and Wilson halls. Age is determined as of September 1 for contracts that begin fall and February 1 for contracts that begin spring.
All other single students are eligible to live in Frederiksen Court, Legacy, Iowa State West (Formerly Maricopa/Walton), University Village as well as any residence hall where space remains available after freshmen assignments.
Family housing is available in Schilletter Village.