Places to Live
Convenience, connection, community, and support are characteristics of on-campus living. We're more than just a place to live, on-campus housing is a vital part of your Cyclone experience!
Take a Look Around! - Admissions offers Daily Campus Visits that include a Residence Hall Tour. A student guide will take you through a residence hall room, a commons area, and a dining center. Reservations are required. Please note: It isn't possible to see a specific room. Most of our locations are occupied year-round by residents/conference guests. For video tours of our halls and apartments, watch our "ISU Cribs" series on the DOR YouTube channel.
- All communities have full-time staff and Community Advisers who live on-site.
- All on-campus contracts are academically friendly - you can cancel without penalty if you leave ISU.
- All communities (except SUV) come furnished.
- All utilities (except SUV gas) are included in the room/apartment rate.
- All fees (except SUV gas) are conveniently billed to your Ubill.
Visit the community pages below for furnishings, amenities, and floor plans. Age eligibility for all locations is determined as of September 1 for fall contracts and February 1 for spring contracts.
Residence Halls - Following Recontracting, residence hall priority is given to any new admit aged 18 or younger and 19 year-old, newly admitted, freshmen. Priority is then given to 19 year-old, newly admitted, transfers. Other students are eligible for these locations provided space remains available after the above assignments have been made. Meal plans are required in all residence halls except Wallace and Wilson.
|Richardson Court||South Campus||Union Drive|
|All halls East of the Memorial Union||All halls South of Lincoln Way||All halls West of the Memorial Union|
|Barton, Lyon, & Freeman (BLF)||Buchanan||Eaton|
|Birch, Welch, & Roberts (BWR)||Geoffroy||Friley|
|Maple, Willow, & Larch (MWL)||Wilson||Martin|
|Oak & Elm|
Apartments - The apartment communities are available to all Returners and to any new admit aged 19 or older. Meal plans are encouraged, but are not required in any apartment community.
|University Village||Single||No||All, except Gas||Owned|
|Schilletter Village||Family||No||All, except Gas||Owned|
- Single = Housing for students who will not have family members live with them on-campus.
- Family = Housing for students who will have a partner, spouse, children, or other family members live with them on-campus.