Winter Break Closing Information
During winter break, some areas close while others remain open.
Open areas include: Buchanan Hall, Geoffroy Hall, Wallace Hall, Wilson Hall, The Memorial Union, Frederiksen Court Apartments, Legacy Tower, SUV Apartments and Iowa State West Apartments.
All other locations close at noon on Saturday, Dec. 16, and wlll re-open on Thursday, Jan. 4, at 8 a.m. If you are a graduating senior, you have until 6 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 16, to check out with your Community Adviser.
Before you leave for break:
- Close and lock all windows
- Take out your trash
- Turn off your lights
- Unplug non-essential items
- Move items at least two feet from your heater as filters may be replaced during break in your area
- Remove all perishable items from your fridge and your “eww!” factor will be less when you come back
- Turn off your alarm or other timed appliances
- Take valuable items home
- If you have a fish, remember to have a plan for it
- Lock your door
- Refer to the email from your Hall Director for setting the heat in your building
If you are staying in an open area during break, all exterior doors will be locked 24/7. Remember to carry your keys and access card with you. Our staff will be on duty 24/7 should you need anything during break. If you have a maintenance issue during break that is a non-emergency, please submit a work order by clicking here.
Whether or not your area is closed, staff may need to enter your room or apartment during break to perform routine maintenance such as changing furnace filters or completing work orders.
If you have any questions, please talk with your CA, Hall Director or Apartment Community Manager. You can also call our main office at 515-294-2900 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with general questions.