Have a safe and fun College Ames Day - remember these tips!
As we welcome College GameDay and the Hawkeyes to town for 'College Ames Day,' it's a great opportunity to show the nation what it's like to be a Cyclone!
Here are a few tips to follow for a safe and fun weekend:
- A complete schedule of all GameDay-related activities can be found here.
- Exterior doors in the residence halls will be locked an hour earlier on Friday (at 6 p.m. rather than 7 p.m.). Doors go back to their normal locking schedule on Monday. Remember, carry your keys and access cards with you!
- If you don't know someone walking in to your building, don't hold the door open for them.
- Don't prop doors open.
- If you choose to have guests over, be sure to discuss that with your roommate beforehand.
- You are responsible for your guests' behavior. See pages eight and nine of our Conduct Policies.
- If you are of age and choose to drink, be sure to check out Student Wellness' tips on how to Party Like a Cyclone.
- Keep Iowa State's Principles of Community in mind when you're enjoying the weekend.
- Looking for even more to do this weekend? Check out a movie at Cyclone Cinema, grab a friend and explore a local park, go for a bike ride or plan and host an event in your building.