Recycling is available in your campus home! Recycling reduces waste that typically gets put into landfills and protects our environment. Plus, it helps save energy! Recycling preserves and protects our resources. The best part? It's easy to recycle no matter where you live on campus!
The Resident Recycling process and many of the resources on this page were developed by The GreenHouse Group, a group of students that collaborates with the DOR on sustainability initiatives. For more information, please visit the GreenHouse Group or contact email@example.com.
For information about other ISU recycling initiatives and programs, please visit the ISU Recycles web site.
Recycling in the Residence Halls
In the residence halls, look for the containers that are designated for your house. The following materials are recycled in the residence halls:
- Wet Board (cardboard containers such as cereal boxes, tissue boxes, etc. No corrugated board can go in this container)
- Plastics (water or juice bottles, yogurt cups, non-redeemables)
- Paper (white and colored paper; no newspaper)
- Redeemables (cans and bottles that are redeemable in Iowa)
Recycling in SUV Apartments
In the SUV community, recycling is available in several places
At the Recycling Center in the landromat, you can recycle the following items:
- Plastic bottles
- Plastic bags
- Tin and aluminum cans
- Wet board
- White and color paper
In the SUV Community Center, you can recycle the following items:
- Non-alkaline batteries
- Cell phones
- News paper
- Aluminum cans
Recycling in Frederiksen Court Apartments
- Start by taking a look at the Can I Recycle It? graph. It's a document that explains what can and cannot be recycled at Frederiksen Court.
- Remember to rinse food and beverages from containers. You can put all of your items in one bag or box. There's no need to sort your items at Frederiksen Court.
- Take your items to the recycling dumpster (ReCYcling CYte) near the horse tunnel south of building 63.
Have questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.