To be eligible to stay in Guest Housing, you must have a recognized affiliation with Iowa State University. This affiliation can be as an ISU employee, visiting scholar, scientist, researcher or Post Doc. Guests may also be a part of an organization that has set up a contract with Iowa State University and the ISUCard Office to allow their members to receive an Iowa State University ID Card.
Guest Housing is not intended for conference sized, long-term groups. Groups with more than 24 participants and/or needing more than 6 apartments should contact Department of Residence Conference Services for assistance with their housing needs.
Guest housing is not intended for registered ISU students. Registered ISU students should contract for on-campus housing through the process outlined in the Contracts and Assignments section of our web site.
Located in Schilletter Village (SV), all guest housing apartments are NON-SMOKING. Each fully-furnished guest apartment consists of a living room, eat-in kitchen, full bathroom, and two bedrooms. Furnishings include:
- Living Room - 3 seat leather sofa, leather armchair, coffee table, TV cabinet, television, window air-conditioner, and table lamp.
- Kitchens - Fully-equipped with table and chairs, a refrigerator, stove, and microwave. The cupboards are stocked with dishes, utensils, pans, baking dishes, a toaster, coffeemaker, and hand mixer. Units are also equipped with an iron and ironing board and a vacuum cleaner.
- Bathrooms - Feature a tub-shower combination. Towels and washcloths are provided.
- Bedrooms - In each apartment, the first bedroom is either set up with a queen size bed and a dresser OR a set of bunk beds and a dresser. The second bedroom has a set of bunk beds and a dresser and a desk. A second desk is in the living room. Clothes hangers, pillows, and all bed linens are provided.
Rates and Utilities
- Rates are per apartment, per day and includes all utilities: water, garbage, cable, local phone service, high-speed DSL Internet service, electricity, and gas (for heating and cooking).
- A minimum stay of seven days is required. Guests who stay less than seven days will still be charged for a full seven days.
- Billing is done monthly directly to your U-Bill or to your sponsoring ISU Department.
- In PRIVATE units, one occupant pays the entire rent.
- Lower rates may be available for persons willing to share accommodations. In SHARED units, the rent is split equally between occupants
APPROVED Rate July 1, 2017 - June 30, 2018
|SV - Guest Apts.||Apts.||AC||WB||MP||Daily Rate|
SUV Community Center - Guests are served by the SUV Community Center, located directly in the center of the neighborhood. The Community Center is home to the SUV Office and boasts a computer lab, large conference room, a multipurpose room, and a community kitchen.
Location and Transportation - SUV is located on the north end of the Iowa State University campus. The CyRide bus routes make regular stops in the SUV community and travel throughout the ISU campus and City of Ames.
Parking spaces are available near all Guest building. Permits are required and all guests must register their car with the ISU Parking Division. All questions regarding parking should be directed to the ISU Parking Division: firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit the Parking Division web site for more information.
Guests staying one week or less may purchase a Visitor's permit and must park in designated visitor stalls. Visitor permits are valid for up to three consecutive days. Guests staying one week or more may purchase a standard permit at a per month rate. For stays less than one month, permits rates will be prorated.
The permits mentioned above are only for parking in the Guest Housing area. If you wish to park elsewhere on-campus, you may park in metered or pay-by-stall lots. Parking permits must be renewed each August. Additional vehicles may be parked for an additional fee.
Laundry and Cleaning - During the time that you are with us, your apartment is your personal home and yours to clean. While linens are provided, guests are required to do their own laundry. A central community laundry facility is available that uses Cy Cash.
Fitness and Recreation - A soccer field, basketball courts, and sand volleyball courts are located in the neighborhood. Garden plots are available, and a bike path goes through and around the neighborhood.
Dining and Groceries - Although you can prepare meals in your apartment, meal plans are available and there are several ISU Dining establishments across campus. Many residents shop and dine at the Hawthorn Market and Café. Located in the Frederiksen Court Community Center, Hawthorn Market and Cafe is a retail dining and shopping facility that offers hot meals, take-home foods, snacks, groceries, and personal items. Starbucks™ coffee products are especially popular, as are the daily, weekly, and seasonal menu specials.
To make reservations or arrange check-in, please contact: