Fall 2019 Move-In Information
With over 11,000 students living on-campus, everyone can't all move in at once! Move-in day can be emotional and hectic, but patience, kindness, and flexibility are the keys to making it a success! Here's how the process works and what you should expect.
1. Review your assignment in AccessPlus.
2. Verify when your move-in begins below.
- Your move-in begin date is based on where you live and whether you're a new or returning ISU student.
- The listed dates are when your move-in BEGINS. You can come later if that's more convenient!
- Late Arrival - If you won’t arrive until after classes start, please email email@example.com to let us know. Otherwise, we may cancel your assignment.
- Move-in won't start earlier than the times indicated, so no need to try and "beat the rush".
- After Hours Arrival - If you will arrive after the posted check-in hours, you can move in by contacting the staff member on duty.
All Frederiksen Court apartment residents
|Sat., Aug. 17|
9 am - 8 pm
|FC Community Center|
|All Schilletter-University Village apartment residents||Sat., Aug. 17||9 am - 5 pm||SUV Community Center|
|New ISU students in EVEN # residence hall rooms||Tue., Aug. 20||8 am - 6 pm||The flagged location|
New ISU students in ODD # residence hall rooms
Wed., Aug. 21
8 am - 6 pm
|The flagged location|
|All Returning residence hall residents||Thurs., Aug. 22||8 am - 9 pm||Your Hall Desk|
- Early Arrival - For move in before the above dates, please review our Early Arrivals information.
3. Get here and park
- Once you get to Ames, don't follow your GPS! The most efficient routes for move-in are marked with orange / red signs.
- Prepare to be patient. Traffic can be heavy at certain times (first thing in the morning / around lunchtime), but the system works smoothly if everyone cooperates.
- New students in the halls, your move-in day is assigned based on your room number. But, if that doesn't work for you, just come in on the day that does!
- Returning residence hall residents, when you get here, find a parking spot near your building, check-in, unload, and then move your vehicle to the stadium lot.
- Apartment residents, when you get here, find a parking spot near your building, check-in, unload, and then move your vehicle to a space away from the buildings so others can also move in.
4. Check-in and get your keys
- Go to the location listed above. Have your photo ID ready.
- New students in the halls, look for the tall, red, "Welcome" flags near your building.
- Staff will verify your assignment, issue your keys, and provide you information about your community.
- Family / helpers should stay with the vehicle and start unloading items, setting them outside the vehicle.
5. Unload and move-In
- Get everything into your room before unpacking and deciding where it should go.
- Fall Move-In Crew will be available Aug. 20 and 21 from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm. They will help you carry everything to your room and they're amazingly fast!
- When you get your keys, you will also receive a Room / Apartment Inventory and Condition Form. Please take the time to do a thorough inspection.
- Find something that needs fixed? Note it on your form and submit a Service Request.
- Return the form per the instructions and deadline indicated on the form.