2018 Summer Contracts and Assignments
Why go through the hassle of subleasing off-campus? Summer is more convenient and less-expensive once you factor in travel time, safety, cable, internet, and utilities, etc.
Contracts - Summer contracts open February 15 in AccessPlus
- Frederiksen Court - 30s cluster only,
- Legacy, and
- Schilletter & University Village (SUV) apartments.
- SUV IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR SUMMER ONLY ASSIGNMENTS. To be eligible to live in SUV for Summer, you must either be living there the Spring before or the following Fall.
- Beginning Session 2, Buchanan Hall will also be available.
- A minimum two-week stay is required for summer.
- Residents staying less than two weeks will still be charged for two full weeks.
- Returners: residents who lived on-campus spring 2018 or were on ISU-approved waiver.
- Summer enrollment is not required.
- New Admits: Newly admitted or current students who lived off-campus spring 2018.
- Summer enrollment REQUIRED.
- You must be in good financial standing with ISU.
- Students of any age may live in Buchanan Hall and Frederiksen Court.
- Students must be at least 19 or a sophomore as of June 1, 2018 to live in Legacy or University Village.
- Only families may live in Schilletter Village.
- Persons who are required to register under the Iowa Sex Offender Registry Law, Iowa Code Chapter 692A, are not eligible to live in University housing.
Accommodations - If you need an assignment based on medical needs you must follow the Housing Accommodation Process.
- You will be assigned to your fall assignment if it is available.
- You will stay in your spring assignment if your fall assignment is not available.
- If assigned to SUV, Private/Shared will be the same as your fall SUV apartment.
- If you do not have a fall SUV apartment, it will be the same as your spring apartment.
- SUV IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR SUMMER ONLY ASSIGNMENTS.
- Your assignment is not final until you check-in. The condition of spaces isn't known until the current residents leave. If the space is not ready, we may reassign you.
- The 2017-18 On-Campus Housing Terms and Conditions include summer 2018.
- All cancellations must be submitted in AccessPlus.
- Cancel deadlines are:
- May 1 = Entire Summer and Session 1 Only
- June 1= Session 2 Only
- There is no summer cancellation penalty, but charges start accruing as of your scheduled move-in day. These are non-refundable and continue to accrue until you have cancelled your contract and completed a proper move-out (if moved-in).
Summer Conference Housing
The above information is specifically for students, but Iowa State University is the perfect location for your next meeting or event! Whether it is sports camps, business meetings or an organizational function, our Conference Services staff offers quality accommodations, in an academic setting, at an exceptional price. For more information, please visit our Conference Services Web site.