Double-as-Single (DAS) Rooms
Community, convenience, leadership opportunities - all the advantages of a residence hall but with your own room! That's what a "double as single" means.
What is a Double-as-Single (DAS)? It's a standard double room in the residence halls that you're guaranteed to have to yourself for the entire year. Two sets of furniture do stay in the room.
Where are DAS rooms going to be? They'll be available in limited quantities in all halls except Eaton, Martin, Friley and Buchanan. We don't offer the DAS option in those locations due to high demand and learning communities.
- Submit your 2018-19 on-campus housing contract in AccessPlus.
- Beginning February 20, visit the Department of Residence Administrative Services Office in 2419 Friley Hall (across from the hall desk). There, you'll submit your DAS agreement and choose your room.
Selection of DAS rooms will continue through March 31 or until the limit has been reached.
- $5,694 = Wilson
- $5,694 = Wallace (note: Wallace will be a dedicated upper-division and grad student community)
- $6,807 = w/o AC = Barton-Lyon-Freeman, Birch-Welch-Roberts, Linden, Oak-Elm, and Helser
- $6,930 = w/ AC = Larch and Willow
- $7,518 = Maple
- $9,027 = Geoffroy
These rates will be presented at the March meeting of the Board of Regents, State of Iowa. Approval will be determined at the April or May meeting. Until then, these rates are pending.
What comes in a DAS? All of the standard double room furniture stays in the room, with the exception of Wallace Hall. For fall 2018, Wallace Hall is being converted to a single room community focused on graduate students and undergraduate students aged 19+ or in their second year or above. Each Wallace room being converted to a single will be furnished with one lofted bed, one desk, one desk chair, one dresser, two wardrobes, and a MicroFridge.
What if I just want a regular single room? There are over 1000 single rooms available in the Richardson Court and Union Drive areas as well as in Buchanan, Wallace, and Wilson halls. There are also single bedrooms available in 4-bedroom apartments in Frederiksen Court, 2 bedroom apartments in University Village, and all apartments in Legacy. Selection of these locations follows the regular Recontracting calendar.