Meet the Staff
My Hometown: Minnetonka, MN
Why did I choose ISU: I chose Iowa State because I wanted to join a department and campus community that shared my value of putting students first. I also appreciated the fact that everyone I interacted with was so friendly and welcoming, and I could tell almost immediately that I would really enjoy working here.
What I like best about working at at ISU: I really appreciate my daily interactions with students and having the opportunity to build connections on a personal level. I enjoy helping students figure out what they need to be successful and finding tangible ways to make that a reality for them. I also love seeing how much our students grow, form friendships, and develop strong communities during their time living with us!
How working at ISU has prepared me for my future: Being a Hall Director has prepared me for the future by giving me a broad spectrum of professional experiences. There really is no “average day” as a Hall Director, and I’ve learned to be prepared for anything, think critically, problem-solve effectively, and find ways to make the best of any situation. I’ve also developed a strong set of transferable skills that will allow me to succeed both in future positions and in life.
- M.A. College Student Personnel, Bowling Green State University
- B.S. Special Education: Cognitive Disabilities and Learning Disabilities, University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire
- Graduate Hall Director, Bowling Green State University
- Graduate Summer Housing Operations Coordinator, Bowling Green State University
- Student Affairs/Dean of Students Intern, University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire
- Administrative Assistant, University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire